Our client in Urbandale is hiring a Civil Engineer Technician.
Pay: $60,000-$80,000 Essential Duties and Responsibilities · Prepare drawings, documents, detail, schedules or specifications using programs such as MicroStation and Power Civil.
· Prepare construction documents and records.
· Operate plan and document reproduction equipment.
· Observes and inspects work performed by contractors ensuring compliance of specs, drawings, code and safety.
· Inspect construction sites for quality to report any variances.
· Interface with contractors, clients and other team members in a positive and professional manner.
· Assist survey technicians in survey field work including operation of Trimble GPS equipment. Qualifications · Associate’s Degree in an accredited Civil Engineering Technology program or working towards an Associate’s Degree
· Ability to travel to various job sites and locations
· 5 – 10 years of experience
· Demonstrated ability in MicroStation and OpenRoads with 5 years of experience
· Able to multi-task and establish priorities
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Self-directed and can work independently with minimal supervision
· Demonstrated track record of successful past employment