Our client right here in Des Moines is looking to add Millwork CNC Machine Operators to their team! After completing the initial training the CNC Operator for the weekend shift will work: The main responsibility of the CNC Operator is to produce machined parts and materials by setting up and operating the computer numerical control (CNC) machine. This position will also be cross-trained to operate various other millwork machines including: Beam Saw, Edgebander, and Miterfold. Job Description
- Set up and manage the CNC machine to perform tasks.
- Inspect finished products to confirm the process was completed correctly.
- Check and maintain machinery daily to insure it is in proper working order.
- Report any defective materials or questionable conditions to the manager.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) correctly and safely.
- Follow the prescribed safety regulations.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of tooling materials
- Ability to make minor repairs a plus
- Good mathematical skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills a must
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of previous woodworking or CNC experience required
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- Regularly require the ability to sit, stand, bend, and reach
- Regularly require the ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Periodically require the ability to lift a minimum of 80 pounds
- Periodically require the ability to lift a minimum of 100 pounds