Our client in Constantine, MI is searching for an experienced Converting Supervisor for their paper converting operations.
The Supervisor position entails overseeing operations within a challenging work environment characterized by heat, humidity, fumes, and chemicals. This role involves working around machinery, requiring protective equipment. Reporting to the Converting Superintendent and Director of Operations, it demands effective leadership and adaptability in a dynamic setting.
Salary: $75,000.00 – $95,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Ensure employee safety and compliance, managing operations, and machine maintenance.
- Schedule shifts and adjust as needed, documenting attendance.
- Train, coach, motivate, and discipline employees to meet performance standards.
- Coordinate repairs, maintenance, and documentation with Maintenance department.
- Collaborate on paperwork, evaluations, and accident reports with the Converting Superintendent.
- Maintain facility’s cleanliness and address emergencies promptly.
- Exemplify punctuality, attend meetings and training, participate in safety teams.
- Available for different shifts to cover shortages and vacations.
- US work authorization required, with clean drug screen and background check.
- Commitment to quality, safety, and business ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with years of experience, or a combination of training, education, and related experience.
- Understanding of paper converting technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Effective planning, organization, and leadership abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
If you possess strong analytical skills and thrive in dynamic environments apply today, you could be a perfect fit!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.