Our client needs a HVAC Commercial Estimator / Project Manager to join their team, providing commercial project design, estimating, sales, and project management for new HVAC construction and full-scale remodels.
Job Title: HVAC Commercial Estimator / Project Manager
Pay Scale: $75,000 – $85,000 salaried + commission
Work Hours: Monday through Friday, overtime as required
· 100% employer paid health, vision, and dental insurance + options for dependents
· Life Insurance
· Long-term and short-term disability
· 401K with company match
· Holiday pay
· 6 paid holidays
· 120 hours paid time off and 3 sick days
· Company vehicle / uniform / phone / computer
· Assist in employee issues including, but not limited to, motivation, discipline, training, staffing and other employee issues as they arise.
· Keep appointments with clients as scheduled.
· Create estimates & proposal using company bidding and sales strategy, always offer customers options and upgrades to enhance their comfort systems.
· On all commercial projects, run a heating and cooling load analysis to determine proper equipment sizing. Create an efficient layout and design of the comfort systems.
· Work with the Vice President on commercial project design and layout.
· Once a job is sold, work with commercial project coordinator to complete all project documents including the Bell Brothers job set-up, job file/binder, job submittals, O&M manuals, prepare monthly billings, obtain, and issue purchase orders for all equipment and materials, approve monthly vendors invoices for payment, and complete all incentive paperwork.
· Develop construction schedules with the GC and job foreman. Develop weekly progress expectations with the job foreman and ensure expectations are met.
· Follow the job during the construction process. Work with contractors on building and schedule changes. Inspect each job at least twice per week to ensure schedules are met
· Prepare all change orders and ensure all change orders are added to the job and invoiced as a change order.
· Work with other department heads to maintain proper headcount on all projects.
· Ensure monthly billings are done for all jobs in progress. Work with the Vice President and Controller to answer questions and assist in collections.
- Pass background check and drug screen
- Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record
- 5 years’ experience in HVAC commercial project management, design, or/and estimating
- Experienced managing building crews and contractors
- AutoCAD experience desired
- Purchasing experience
- Mechanical HVAC Sales experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook & Adobe
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Obtain and maintain current CPR and first aid Certifications
- Adhere to Bell Brothers safety policy
- Attend all company and manufacturer education and training for new technology
- Degree in mechanical Engineering preferred